Favourite podcasts #1

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Just like everyone else, I have become (ridiculously) obsessed with podcasts, so I thought I would share some of my favourites on here! Also; Hi! Long time, no see - I’m forever busy, but I felt like practising my writing so here we go:




LITERARY DISCO

This is an amaaaazing podcast about books, and I think it might be my all time favourite podcast. It is hosted by Tod Goldberg, Julia Pistell and Rider Strong (aka. Shawn Hunter from Boy meets world). I found this podcast when they announced Girl meets world, and I decided to google what the entire cast were doing now (as you do). The podcast popped up on Rider's Wikipedia page and I have been obsessed with it ever since! 
They release an episode about once a month, and every episode features a discussion of a book and some kind of literary game. You probably wouldn't think that a podcast about book could be funny, but this is HILARIOUS. I still haven’t read most of the books, but it is amazing anyway! 

Favourite episodes: Sweet Valley High (I have never read any of the books, but this one was just sooo funny!), The fault in our stars (purely for Rider’s ridiculous rants), and all the end-of-the-year "Best of .." episodes. 



SERIAL

I don’t think I have to explain the premise of this one, but to anyone who’s been living under a rock for the past two years: This is a true crime podcast, hosted by Sarah Koenig, in which each season focus on a specific case. The first season examined the murder of Hae Min Lee and the conviction of her supposed murderer; ex-boyfriend Adnan Syed. The focus of the show was mainly to figure out whether or not he actually killed her. The second season features the case of Bowe Bergdahl who was captured by the Taliban and held captive for five years, after walking off the military base he was deployed to in Afghanistan. This season explores Bowe’s reasons for walking off, and whether he should be punished for walking off. The second season was not really that interesting and tbh I can’t remember most of what happened… But the first season was sooo good, which is probably why everyone and their dogs were absolutely OBSESSED with it when it came out back in 2014. 



LIMETOWN

This is a fictional true-crime-ish podcast which follows the fictional journalist Lia Haddock, and her investigation of the mysterious case of Limetown. Limetown was a mysterious, self-sufficient, sheltered town centered around a research facility. One day all 300 citizens disappears, and no-one ever knows what happens. Lia’s uncle was one of the citizens and she devotes the podcast to solve the mystery, and strange things begin to happen (uuuuh). A LOT of weird conspiracy stuff happens, and I constantly had to remind myself that it was fiction, because they made everything seem so real! I still haven’t recovered from the season 1 finale, and I am constantly searching the internet for the release date for season 2 - Nothing’s been said yet, but we are all waiting very (im)patiently! 


xx - Lene

You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe