Currently watching

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I have been interning full time all summer, which means I haven't had much time or energy to be social on weeknights. Therefor I have been watching a LOT of tv shows on Netflix after work, and I wanted to share my favourites with you.

GILMORE GIRLS

I recently started listening to the podcast Gilmore Guys, and I felt like rewatching the show for the gazillionth time - this is probably one of the shows I have rewatched the most times, only second to Friends - especially since the new season was announced for the fall.
For anyone who has been living under a rock, this show is about Lorelai Gilmore who had her daughter Rory at 16, which has caused a rift between her and her parents, Emily and Richard, and now they only ever see each other on holidays. At the beginning of the show, Rory - who is about to turn 16 herself - gets accepted into the prestigious private school Chilton. To be able to afford the school, Lorelai has to borrow money from her parents, and in exchange she and Rory has to have dinner at their house every friday.



SCREAM 

I have previously mentioned Scream as one of my favourite Halloween shows last year, and since the second season was released weekly during most of summer, I watched both seasons. I didn't love the over all second season as much as the first one, but I did however like the big reveal in the second season finale a lot better. For the first season I guessed the killer halfway through, but for the second season I had no clue.



SLASHER 

When I ran out of new episodes of Scream, I really wanted another similar show and I found this one. Slasher centers around Sarah Bennet who, along with her husband, moves back to the house where her parents were murdered, when her mother was still pregnant with her. The killer, known as the punisher, was found in the house holding the newborn Sarah, and was put in jail. As Sarah returns to her hometown, people start turning up dead in the same manner, and seeing as the killer is still in jail it seems as if someone is continuing his work.
Slasher is a bit more grown up compared to Scream, which is targeted towards teens, and although this show is still kind of trash, I feel like the plot and writing is a lot better. I probably shouldn't compare the two shows, but I just can't help it.



What have you been watching lately?

xx - Lene


You Might Also Like

0 kommentarer

Subscribe